Does your company:
If not, then you and your organsiation could be missing out on an opportunity to more competitive, a more rewarding to work and more profitable.
Benefits to business
Local, national and international studies provide compelling evidence supporting the value of workplace health and wellbeing initiatives for the physical, mental, and social wellbeing of employees.
There are also clear benefits to business in terms of reducing absenteeism, presenteeism and workplace injury, all contributing to improved productivity.
- The healthiest Australian employees are almost three times more productive than their unhealthy colleagues8
- The increase in preventable disease and workplace injury resulting from unhealthy living are a major cause of workplace absence or disruption, with direct costs reflected in workplace injury and disease estimated at more than $7 billion per year
- Organisations that implement health and wellbeing strategies can reduce their employees’ health risk factors by up to 56%3
- Workers who are obese are more likely to take higher levels of sick leave11
- Stress-related claims cost Australian business more that $200 million annually13
- Absenteeism due to sickness is costing Australian businesses $7 billion annually, or roughly $1,000 per employee per year13
- Stress-related absenteeism and presenteeism directly costs Australian employers $10.11 billion a year.
Be an employer of choice
Employers who focus on the health and wellbeing of their staff will benefit from the retention of high quality employees who want to work in an environment that is interested in their health and wellbeing.
Encouraging positive health and wellbeing can help your business stand out as an employer of choice while increasing productivity in the workplace.
With over 30 years experience in health, fitness and business, David can help your organisation to develop effective, long-term health enhancing work environments and culture.